How Do You Prepare Your Hermitage/Donelson Home For Spring Storms?
It’s that time of year again - time to discuss ways to prevent storm damage to your property.
Spring weather in Middle Tennessee is beautiful; who doesn’t love the sight of a blooming tulip tree or a planting of our state flower, the iris? Along with all the sunshine and blue sky, however, comes storms. If you’ve lived in the Nashville area very long, you know that tornadoes can pop up unexpectedly, while thunderstorms in this area can be dangerous.
Please keep reading for our recommendations on avoiding storm damage to your Hermitage/Donelson home!
What Is The Most Important Thing For You To Do In Avoiding Storm Damage To Your Hermitage/Donelson Location?
Your property should always be properly maintained throughout the year, especially before bad weather reaches your area. Being prepared is the most vital thing you can do to help keep your Nashville home safe from Spring storm damage.
- Your roof should be in great shape and without any weaknesses. Make sure there aren’t any shingles missing or loose that could allow water to leak through your roof and into your business or home. It is also essential to inspect your ceilings and walls for any discoloration; that is one of the telltale signs of water damage.
- Clean your rain gutters regularly throughout the year to prevent them from getting clogged. Gutters are designed to keep water from your building, so you must ensure the gutters are working correctly.
- Check your location for trees that have the potential to fall and threaten your property. High winds can break off weakened branches and knock down unhealthy trees, causing dangerous debris to fly. If you see any trees that pose a threat, consider seeking assistance to help you eliminate them.
What Are Some Other Important Tips If Your Nashville Property Suffers From Spring Storm Damage?
Here are some ways to handle storm damage at your Hermitage/Donelson home or business:
- Identify any areas around your property that are not safe. For example, keep people from standing water in areas with live electricity. Or if you observe some structural issues with your building, take the necessary steps to ensure no one can be injured.
- Take pictures or videos of the damage so you have a record for your insurance professionals.
- Once it’s time to assess the damage and start your recovery, call SERVPRO of Hermitage/Donelson at (615) 885 906!
Here at SERVPRO of Hermitage/Donelson, we understand that Spring storms can still affect your Nashville home or business, even when you’re prepared. If you have experienced storm damage, water damage, mold damage, or any other kind of issue, no matter the size, contact us so we can begin your restoration immediately!
This franchise is independently owned and operated.